Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
An apprenticeship with us means that you hold the reins. You will become an important part of our team and will take on your own small projects and tasks right from the start. Our goal is to get you ready for the industry and accompany you through your apprenticeship and beyond. You will complete the operational part of your training in our office in Bodenheim, whereas your schooling will take place in Mainz.
You will also have:
- The opportunity to experience first hand what it feels like to shape your own work environment
- A start-up working atmosphere in a dynamic team with a you-culture
- An international and modern working environment with flat hierarchies
- Multi-faceted tasks
- The opportunity to get an insight into our various departments
You’ll love this apprenticeship because:
- You'll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You're passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You'll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth for the company and the role.
- We're based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- A degree in a relevant field
- Good knowledge of German and English
- Good written and spoken communication
- Ability to integrate well in a team
- Excitement to learn and grow beyond yourself
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in the job descriptions — these are normally wish lists. If you feel this is your role, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to qualify our employees and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Furthermore, we offer discounted job tickets to make it even more convenient for you to use the nearby train station, which is about a 5 minutes walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer Parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you the most about this apprenticeship?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!