Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As a Graphic Designer Associate, you will join our Branding Team to help fulfil all design requests in order to build a strong brand that people will recognize and love worldwide. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You'll work directly with the Brand Manager, Creative Director and Marketing team to innovate and fulfil design requests.
- You'll conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- You'll illustrate concepts by designing a rough layout of art and copy covering arrangement, size, type size and style, and other aesthetic concepts.
- You'll present and pitch rough drafts.
- You'll amend designs into final layouts after feedback.
- You'll test graphics across various media.
- You'll uphold the brand design integrity across all platforms.
- You'll work as a team to accomplish projects and goals.
- You'll test, learn and implement learnings into future projects.
- You'll learn about the brand design identity and company process.
- You'll implement the brand's visual identity in a variety of design projects across all departments.
- You'll continue the implementation of brand design.
- You'll innovate within given projects and push communication via design for a larger, more effective reach.
- You'll take responsibility and initiate projects.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and will have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth for the company and the role.
- You can keep up with a fast-paced work environment.
- You'll have the possibility to transition into an Art Director position.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- Graphic Design Experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- A design portfolio
- Excellent communication skills
- A huge interest in brands and creative social media content
- Ability to work collaboratively
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions— these are normally wish lists. We’ve tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
We would be excited if you have:
- Video editing and photography skills
- Illustration skills
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Furthermore, we offer discounted job tickets to make it even more convenient for you to use the nearby train station, which is around a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo's graphic design team?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!