Work Student - Graphic Design
Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make second hand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim- a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine Main Region. Our close proximities to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As a branding work student, you will not only be part of a young dynamic team, you´ll also support the branding spirit of our vintage kilo sale events across Europe. You will work hand in hand with the branding team and you will get your own areas of responsibility from day one. That means you´ll be working closely with other departments in oder to provide the best brand experience and creative projects.
Among other things:
- Graphic design projects
- Social media templates
- Poster and banner design
- Printing and quality check
- Ideation and creation of event experiences
- Support in shootings and advertising production
You’ll love this role, because
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and second hand fashion.
- You´ll support the team searching for new procedures and efficiency.
- You´ll gain insight into department related tasks.
- You can work with a diverse team that, just like you, wants to change things and will achieve this together.
- You have the freedom to be creative and innovative.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a working schedule that works for you and for the company.
What we need you to have:
- Knowledge of Adobe Package (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
- Understanding of Colour Theory, Printing and Storytelling
- Registered 2nd or 3rd year of Uni, Communication Design/Graphic Design field
- Willingness to speak English/German
- A creative and proactive way of thinking
- Strong intercultural communication
- Sense of responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Being able to work independently
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow: We focus on the growth of each individual and support with internal workshops with guest speakers and external workshops and programs to qualify our employees and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office and we like to outsource our meetings while having a balanced breakfast in the city center.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get you your daily dose of vitamin.
- Take time off: 25 days of holiday + public holidays. On top of that, we are closed during the Christmas holidays and the first week of January.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our offices is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our Vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch at our kitchen, so you don´t have to resort to take away/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don´t want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us your CV and a cover letter, video or any other medium, explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experiences and information.
Just send everything to email@example.com, we are looking forward to hearing from you!