Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make second hand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim- a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine Main Region. Our close proximities to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As a working student in financial reporting, you will work closely with the CFO and report to him on a regularly and to the CEO on a monthly basis. Thus, you will be an essential part of the financial management and liquidity allocation for Vinokilo. This will take place in the finance department of Vinokilo, the fastest growing vintage fashion reseller in Europe.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are involved in the monitoring of cost centres and cost categories.
- You will improve the cost structure in cooperation with the event team.
- You will support the monthly liquidity forecast.
- You will create and maintain financial reports.
- You will create analytical reports for the heads of the different departments.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a working schedule that works for you and for the company.
What we need you to have:
- Willingness to speak English/German
- Accuracy and structure in processing the relevant data
- Very good to good excel knowledge
- A creative and proactive way of thinking
- Knowledge of data analytics (Power BI or other tools)
- Experience in Finance
- Flexibility and a quick mind
- Independence and responsibility
- Enrolled at a university/college with major in Business Administration/Finance
NB: We know lots of people, especially woman and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in the Job Description - these are normally wish lists. We´ve tried to simplify this list out to what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is the role for you, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow: We focus on the growth of each individual and support with internal workshops with guest speakers and external workshops and programs to qualify our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and whenever possible to enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get you your daily dose of vitamin. The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Take time off: 20 days of holiday + public holidays. Furthermore it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our Vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch at our kitchen, so you don´t have to resort to take away/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don´t want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your Chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and most importantly answer the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Just send everything to email@example.com, we are looking forward to hearing from you!