Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As a Customer Care Agent, you are the soul of Vinokilo. You are in direct contact with our customers and competently take care of their wishes, worries and concerns. At the same time, you will not only help get our customers excited about us, you will also help us to constantly improve processes. You will help us build the biggest secondhand online store with the happiest customers. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You answer messages from our customers on Hubspot and Instagram.
- You are the direct contact for our customers and process their requests accurately and conscientiously.
- You work in close collaboration with our Ecommerce Operation Manager to solve problems quickly and efficiently in order to enhance the process.
- You use Shopify on a daily basis to refund unfulfilled/partially unfulfilled orders and contact the customers if needed.
You’ll love this role because:
- You will be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You can set up processes independently.
- You will get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short-term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth for the company and the role.
- You like to take responsibility and calculate risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- Good German and English skills - written and spoken
- Relevant experience in customer care or a similar field
- Good computer skills
- Independent work ethic
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions — these are normally wish lists. We have tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is your role, we want to hear from you.
We would be excited if you have:
- Fun working with many different people in a fast-growing business
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!