Who are we?
We are VinoKilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create on VinoKilo
As Ecommerce Marketing Manager you will join our newly formed ecommerce team to help us build the largest secondhand fashion online store in the world. This may seem like a wild statement but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You will understand our current customers and their wants and needs.
- You will understand our potential customer, where they are, what they're looking for, the barriers holding them back from becoming customers, their needs, their dreams and, most importantly, their buying decisions.
- You will share your learnings with us to improve our offerings.
- You will help us educate customers and potential customers on second hand fashion and sustainability.
- You will strategize with us to create challenging, yet achievable goals.
- You will plan and execute marketing campaigns. You will test, learn and iterate.
- You will challenge us and our beliefs where necessary.
- We will constantly improve and push forward as a company based on your reports on learnings you have gained through tracking and analysis.
- You will help us grow the marketing team.
You’ll love this role because
- You'll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You love ecommerce.
- You'll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- It comes with the freedom to be creative and innovative. You will be constantly testing new channels, ideas, copy, campaigns and more.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth for the company and the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its international airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have
- English fluency
- 3-5 (or more) years experience in digital marketing
- Ecommerce experience
- Strong analytical skills and a results-driven mindset
- Creative ideas
- Focus on acquisition, conversion and retention metrics across all digital channels
- Experience with paid marketing - especially paid socials
- Experience handling budgets and, responsibly, creating a strategy around them with relevant prioritization
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions — these are normally wish lists. We’ve tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
We would be excited if you have
- Ecommerce experience in the German market.
- Relationships and experience with PR and journalists
- Excellent writing skills
- Some kind of coding experience - whether HTML, some scripting experience like Python or data management language like SQL
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? this is your chance!
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us a cover letter, video or any other medium explaining why you want to join us in English, and highlighting relevant experience and information. We don't require CVs but we will read every single one that comes our way. Please answer the following questions as well:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!