WHO ARE WE?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable. We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL CREATE AT VINOKILO:
As Floor Assistant, you will be joining our Warehouse Team to support them in various important tasks to ensure that quick, accurate and correct processes are possible. One step at a time you'll help to improve our processes and help build the biggest secondhand fashion company in the world. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You'll be building boxes.
- You'll be preparing clothes for steaming and photo-shooting (closing buttons & changing hangers).
- You'll be steaming clothes (steaming board/puppet & tunnel-finisher).
- You'll be moving the items from racks to pipes.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS ROLE BECAUSE:
- You take a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are enthusiastic about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work is significant and challenging and has a noticeable impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You can set up processes independently.
- You can work with a diverse team that, like you, wants to change something and works to achieve this together.
- You value long-term profitability and sustainability rather than short-term profits.
- There is plenty of room for growth, for the company and role.
- You like to take responsibility and calculate risks.
- We are in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
- Good English language skills (German would be a plus).
- Motivated and engaged working attitude.
- Accuracy, circumspection, and reliability.
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in the Job descriptions — these are normally wish lists. Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
CURIOUS? THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!