Fulltime (40 hours per week)
Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world. As Project/Liaise Manager, you will manage all in-house operations for our vinokilo events.
The impact you will have at Vinokilo:
You would be responsible for managing the events and projects from the back-end operations side. You would be the liaison component of the department, operating between the in-house operations team and the event managers (and, in future, the regional managers). Every event is seen as a project, and you will be the one to manage them. All the requirements (whether these are for season planning, administration, logistics or marketing side) will be requested by you. That means it is your responsibility to make sure that everything runs smoothly for every event. On top of that, you will need to communicate all the in-house happenings to the event managers. As project manager, you will need to be able to manage 12 to 15 events at a time.
One step at a time, you'll help our mission to make secondhand fashion readily available and help build the biggest secondhand fashion company in the world. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You will manage the operations side of the events: overseeing the execution of event related tasks in the fields of logistics, event administration and season planning.
- You will lead and manage 8+ events at the same time
- You will need to communicate with the in-house team and make sure all the necessary tasks are being executed in a timely manner
- You will communicate progress and changes as they happen to event managers
- You will communicate to external parties
- You will assist with making decisions
- You will be responsible for making budgets for the events
- You will be tasked with updating manuals and reporting systems
- You will be responsible for controlling the reposting of the teams with runsheets, retrospective reports, huddle (meeting where the plan of action is walked through with all parties involved)
- You will communicate milestones of the project plans with the necessary parties
- You will be in charge of determining project milestones in order to achieve timely project completion
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and will have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth, for the company and the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors in business administration or equivalent
- 2 years of project management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Profound knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be an outspoken person with attention to detail
- Be process focused
- Able to prioritize tasks based on regency and importance
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions— these are normally wish lists. We’ve tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table:
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
- Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo's team?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!