Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will have at Vinokilo:
You will be responsible for expanding our network of collaboration partners by finding collaborations and partnerships with people and businesses that share our values, so that they can become a part of our events. These will mainly be sourced from the area where a specific event is happening.
You would also create educational programs for the events, so that we can educate the customers on different topics such as social and environmental impact, sustainability, fast fashion vs slow fashion and ultimately change the mindset of the customer while they enjoy our events. Your main goal would be to create a feeling of a mini festival at the events, so that the customers have a better experience and increase customer satisfaction. One step at a time, you'll help our mission to make secondhand fashion readily available and help build the biggest secondhand fashion company in the world. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You will expand the existing network of collaborations
- You will create revenue streams ( Profit center responsibility )
- You will organise Workshops
- You will have 2-3 collaboration partners at each event
- You will secure long term partnerships
- You will implement educational installations at events
- You will educate customers on sustainability, second hand clothing & their impact
- You will create new formats for events, such as panel discussions
- You will organise workshops at events
- You will bring a mini festival atmosphere to events
- You will create database of artists
- You will increase customer satisfaction
- You will improve the customer experience
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and will have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth, for the company and the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
What you need to have:
- Communications or marketing experience.
- Commercial event management experience
- Sales experience.
- Event experience, preferably.
- Have background knowledge or experience with clothing (vintage clothing is a plus!)
- Of great benefit would be an existing network with relevant businesses.
- Fluent English and German, other languages would be a benefit.
- Customer orientation
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Very organised, passionate and driven to deliver outstanding results
- An independent and reliable way of working, even on tight deadlines
- Stress resistant/can work under pressure
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions— these are normally wish lists. We’ve tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo's team?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!