Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than newer, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As an Ecommerce Vintage Picker, you will be part of a young dynamic team. You are responsible for delivering the product which our customers are seeing — vintage items (our treasures) from the 50s to 90s.
You will mostly work in the warehouse, where you will have the chance to go through pre-curated items and find the items most suited to our customers. In this process, you will work closely with the marketing and warehouse teams to help us build the biggest vintage kilo sale in the world. This may seem like a wild statement but, with you on board, it's realistic because:
- You curate clothes for our online store.
- You work with the ecommerce Marketing Team to create their sales plan for the products.
- You understand labels, meaning you can thrift smart and identify the best brands, which era and what price point.
- You have an eye for the quality of clothes.
- You double-check the originality of an item.
- You can cross-compare products to other vintage stores.
- You source, curate, assort and price vintage selections for weekly uploads.
- You create and manage the flow calendar of vintage apparel and accessories online.
- You develop intelligence on developing trends in the secondhand industry.
- You write creative descriptions for vintage items that accurately represent the styles for the customer.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and will have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You can set up processes independently.
- You’ll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth for the company and the role.
- You like to take responsibility and calculate risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- An obsession with finding the best items
- An understanding of trends
- Good knowledge of vintage items
- Knowledge of apparel history
- Experience in pricing items
- Good MS-Office skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in job descriptions— these are normally wish lists. Either way, if you feel this is your role, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Furthermore, we offer discounted job tickets to make it even more convenient for you to use the nearby train station, which is around a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!