Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As a HR Administrator you will take an important part in our HR Team with being responsible for all administrative workload. One step at a time you'll help to improve our processes and help build the biggest secondhand fashion company in the world. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You'll process the entire personnel administration from entry to exit.
- You'll monitore and ensure compliance with dates and deadlines.
- You'll create statistics and evaluations.
- You'll maintain and control the time tracking and maintenance of master data.
- You'll be a reliable contact for our employees in personnel administrative issues such as: working hours, vacation, maternity leave and parental leave.
- You'll create, manage and maintain files.
- You'll prepare employment contracts and certificates along the guidelines.
- You'll process the certification and reporting system together with our tax consultant.
- You'll support the applicant management system.
- You'll process the day-to-day business together with a colleague.
- You'll prepare and support the monthly payroll in cooperation with our tax consultant.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and will have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You’ll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is plenty of room for growth, for the company and the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- Completed commercial training/ studies.
- Several years of relevant professional experience in HR.
- Experience in income tax, social security, labour and contract law.
- Confident in using MS-Office Programms.
- Ability to work in a team and flexibility.
- A high degree of initiative, service orientation and commitment.
- An independent, structured and careful working ethic.
- A professional appearance.
- Very good communication skills (written/spoken) in German and English.
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in the job description — these are normally wish lists.
Either way, if you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you.
What we bring to the table:
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employee' qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast. Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
The train station is approx. a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Take time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to take away/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience, information and most importantly answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!