Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a small team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable. We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As an Intern at Vinokilo, you will have the opportunity to gain work experience in the department of your dreams. It is not a "get coffee" job, rather you will have the opportunity to work independently to develop yourself professionally and personally. It does not matter whether it is for twelve weeks, six months or a year. Possible departments are:
- Event Marketing
- Ecommerce Marketing
- Human Resources
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing an important role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- You'll travel to our events to get an overview of Vinokilo's events.
- You'll support the team in searching for new, efficient procedures.
- You'll gain insight into department related tasks.
- You will work with a diverse team that, just like you, want to change things and works to achieve this together.
- You have the freedom to be creative and innovative.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- Willingness to speak English/German
- Creative and proactive way of thinking
- Strong intercultural communication
- Sense of responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all requirements listed in job descriptions — these are normally wish lists. If you feel this is your perfect role, we want to hear from you!
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Furthermore, we offer discounted job tickets to make it even more convenient for you to use the nearby train station, which is around a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us your CV and a cover letter stating which department you would like to work in as an intern and why. In addition to that, please answer the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!