Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a small team on a mission to make second hand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim- a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine Main Region. Our close proximities to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
You will join our newly formed ecommerce team to help us build the biggest second hand fashion online store in the world. This may seem like a wild statement, but with you on board, it’s a realistic possibility, because:
You will understand our current customers and what they want and need.
You will understand our potential customers, where they are, what they’re looking for, the barriers to becoming a customer, their needs, their dreams, and importantly, their buying decisions.
You will share your learnings with us to improve our offering.
You will help us educate customers and potential customers on second hand fashion and sustainability.
You will strategise with us to create challenging, yet achievable goals.
You will plan and execute marketing campaigns. You will test, learn, and iterate.
You will challenge us and our beliefs when necessary.
We will constantly improve and push forward as a company based on your reporting on what has been learnt that you’ve been tracking and analysing.
You will help us grow the marketing team.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and second hand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You love ecommerce!
- You’ll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we are collectively creating.
- It comes with the freedom to be creative and innovative. You will be constantly testing new channels, ideas, copy, campaigns and more.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is a large room for growth for the company and for the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a working schedule that works for you and for the company.
What we need you to have:
- Fluent in English.
- 3-5 (minimum) years experience in digital marketing.
- Ecommerce experience.
- Strong analytical skills and results driven.
- Creative ideas.
- Focus on acquisition, conversion and retention metrics across all digital channels
- Experience with paid marketing- especially paid socials.
- Experience handling budgets and, responsibly, creating strategy around them with the ability to prioritise.
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and other minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in Job Descriptions- these are normally wish lists. We’ve tried to simplify this list out to what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is the role for you, we want to hear from you.
What we’d be excited if you had:
- German speaking skills
- Ecommerce experience in the German market
- Relationships and experience with PR´s and journalists.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Some kind of coding experience- whether that’s HTML, some scripting experience like Python, or a data management language like SQL.
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to wirk with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learn and Grow: We focus on the growth of each individual and support with internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to qualify our employees and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office and we like to outsource our meetings while having a balanced breakfast in the city center.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get you your daily dose of vitamin.
- Take time off: 25 days of holiday + public holidays. On top of that, we are closed during the Christmas holidays and the first week of January.
- Work-Life-Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog friendly.
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our Vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch at our kitchen, so you don´t have to resort to take away/ fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don´t want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is you chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience and information.
We don't require CVs but we will read every single one that comes our way.
Just send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org, we are looking forward to hearing from you!