Who are we?
We are Vinokilo.
We are a growing team on a mission to make secondhand fashion more desirable than new, fast fashion. Why? Because we believe fashion should be stylish and sustainable.
We are based in Bodenheim, a beautiful town in the middle of wine country, 12 km south of downtown Mainz on the edge of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region. Our proximity to the airport and our central European location makes us open to the world.
The impact you will create at Vinokilo:
As an Office Manager, you'll join our newly formed Office Management Team to help us not only optimize our beautiful office, but also build the biggest secondhand fashion company in the world. You will be the first person people see when they step into our beautiful office, so it's very important that you represent our culture and values. You will help make Vinokilo even more amazing than it is now. This may seem like a wild statement, but it's more realistic with you on board because:
- You'll lead and develop our general Office Management system.
- You'll perform general assistant and secretarial work to ensure a smooth bureaucratic process for our management, as well as for the team in general.
- You'll implement and maintain the storage system including receipt and entry of invoices.
- You'll also improve and optimize our Booking Management Systems and general processes.
- You'll process incoming and outgoing mail as well as parcel deliveries.
- You'll welcome our business partners with a smile and a warm welcome.
- You'll be the contact person for other units, external partners and colleagues, as well as facility management.
- You'll support and coordinate the travel management and relevant accounting.
- You'll be responsible for ordering office supplies.
- You'll coordinate external service providers, like dealing with caterers, for instance.
- You'll manage administrative and organizational activities.
- You'll create and participate in projects.
- You'll make strategic decisions.
You’ll love this role because:
- You’ll be playing a leading role in the fight against fast fashion.
- You are passionate about sustainability and secondhand fashion.
- Your work will be meaningful, challenging, and have a tangible impact on the future of Vinokilo.
- You’ll get to work with a diverse team of individuals, all passionate about the impact we’re collectively creating.
- You value long term profitability and sustainability over short term gains.
- There is a large room for growth for the company and the role.
- You enjoy taking responsibility and calculated risks.
- We are based in one of the most stunning areas with the beautiful countryside on our doorstep, yet a short hop, skip and a jump away from Mainz, and the hustle and bustle of Frankfurt and its International airport.
- We believe in working flexibly and putting the onus on you to create a schedule that works for you and the company.
What we need you to have:
- Organizational skills
- Confidence using MC Office programs
- Very IT-tools driven
- Very good German and English communication skills
- At least 3 years experience in office management
- Experience in setting up, developing and optimizing the back office in a fast-changing environment
- Startup experience
- Hands-on-mentality and sense of responsibility
- Ability to work in a team
- Drivers License B
NB: We know lots of people, especially women and minorities, do not apply for roles unless they hit all the requirements listed in the Job descriptions – these are normally wish lists. We've tried to simplify this list into what we actually NEED you to have and what would be nice. Either way, if you feel this is a role for you, we want to hear from you.
What we'd be excited if you have
- Tool knowledge, for example, in Slack, DATEV, Trello
- Experience running co-working spaces, accelerators or community spaces a BIG PLUS
What we bring to the table
Vinokilo offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
- Learning and Growth: We focus on the growth of each individual and support internal workshops with guest speakers, external workshops and programs to improve our employees’ qualifications and enhance their journey with us.
Wellbeing: We always have a basket of healthy fruits and snacks in the office. We like to outsource our meetings and, whenever possible, enrich them with a balanced breakfast.
Our smoothie maker is ready for you to get your daily dose of vitamins.
Furthermore, we offer discounted job tickets to make it even more convenient for you to use the nearby train station, which is around a 5-minute walk away. If you have a car, you can also benefit from our free parking spaces.
- Generous time off: 25 vacation days + public holidays. Furthermore, it is important to us to enable each employee to have the opportunity to participate in important holidays within the framework of his or her beliefs or convictions.
- Work-Life Balance: We offer flexible working (based on your team) and our office is dog-friendly!
Sustainability: Need new clothes? Profit from our vintage stock with your staff discount.
You can also prepare your lunch in our kitchen, so you don't have to resort to takeaway/fast food.
We offer a shared wardrobe for our employees, where you can drop off clothes you don't want anymore and pick up items from others.
- Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Vinokilo. We have amazing winter and summer parties and also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie nights and more.
Vinokilo is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Curious? This is your chance!
Please send us a cover letter, video, or any other medium explaining why you want to join us, highlighting relevant experience information and, most importantly, answering the following questions:
- What makes you the perfect member of Vinokilo?
- What inspires you in this department/section?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning and why?
- What makes you want to hide under your blanket in the morning and why?
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!